Sports Physiotherapy Modbury is a specified area of medicine and physical treatment which is especially concerned with the problems of athletes and sports individuals due to their abnormal routine involving
What do Sports & Exercise Physiotherapists do?
Sports Physiotherapists are highly trained professionals in terms of treating the musculoskeletal disorders of the athletes and sportsmen. This area was specified because of the degree of injuries and problems was different to that of other issues that are concerned to a general physiotherapist. Sports physiotherapists use quick and instant hand techniques to treat and massage pain area and injury with advanced physical methods so that this prevents any further injury and issues for the sportsmen.
What Issues Do Sports Physiotherapists Treat?
- Joint-related Injuries such as some serious ligament injuries often occur in sports which is why, a sports physiotherapist helps in treatment of knee and joint injuries.
- Concussions (commonly known as head injuries) are also treated by a sports physiotherapist. This is because normally, concussion occurs because of extreme pressure on the head by an external force which may cause damage to the brain.
- Acute or chronic pain related to the muscle injuries in the body.
- Arthritis and other inflammatory issues can affect the performance of an athlete which is why it is important to get it treated by a sports physiotherapist.
- Runner’s Knee- Pain or dysfunction at the front of the knee which occurs during normal functions like walking and running.
- Achilles tendon pain is one of the most commonly occurring problems in sports and occurs either due to muscle imbalance, improper footwear, no warm up before the game etc.
- Shin splints mostly occur in activities such as running. It is commonly caused by stiffness or more than habitual use of the muscles, so it results in pain.
- Tennis elbow – This occurs due to problems in the tendons around the elbow, where the muscles attach. A sharp pain is felt when you move the wrist and area around the bony surfaces of the elbow become sensitive and tender.
- Groin pain is one of the most horrendous pains which is also common in sports. It can be caused by many reasons among which some are:
Dysfunction of the muscles in the area
Stiffness of the spine or pelvis joints
Muscle imbalance around the hip
It is safe to say that sports physiotherapist Findon